Easy & Healthy Triple Veggie Soup with some spiciness is the comfort food you’re looking for. Low calorie, healthy, filling and absolutely delicious. Everybody can make this recipe, it is that easy!
This soup only counts 115 calories per bowl and is packed with 3 healthy vegetables to make sure you stay healthy. Which ones? Carrot, zucchini and tomatoes! I created this soup with veggies I had left in the fridge. It surprised me how easy and yummy this triple veggie soup came out. Curious? Ok let’s jump to the recipe.
Ingredients that serve 4:
- 3 big carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 vegetable stock cubes
- olive oil
- chili flakes as much as you can handle
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 500ml of water
- Coriander or chives for garnish optional
1. Grab a medium sized pot and a handmixer. Yes, we are going to blend this soup as smooth as a baby, making sure all flavours are combined and compliment each other with every spoon you take. Also take a cutting board and a knife, we have some chopping to do!
2. Dice your onion and get those chili flakes out. I use extra hot lombok chili flakes, but you can choose any red pepper flakes you want. Meanwhile put the pot on the stove and pour in some olive oil.
3. When your oil is hot, put in the diced onion and chili flakes, stir and make sure nothing burns! Meanwhile chop your garlic and zucchini in small slices and add them to the pot. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper, stir, smell and take all of it in!
4. Dice your tomatoes and add them. If you prefer them without skin, you can incise them and boil them for 3 minutes. It will allow you to peel the skin off easy.
5. Now it’s time to add your stock cubes and water. Make sure the water level is a little under the veggies in the pot. We want a nice thick soup but we do want the carrots to cook as we are going to blend the soup. Bring it to a boil and turn the heat low.
6. Use your fork to check and poke if the carrots are soft. Yes, I always use a fork, I ain’t no rocket scientist, I’m a cook. You’ll develop feeling for this stuff in time, trust me! But if I’d have to take a wild guess, they will be soft after 15 minutes.
7. Time to blend! Get your handmixer and blend your soup until no piece has survived and found its final resting place in that pot. Taste if you need some more salt, pepper or chili, add it if necessary and dig in!